Scheduling Your Surgery
- Please call surgery scheduling at (248) 663-1904 Monday through Friday for your surgery date or questions concerning surgery. Unfortunately, our schedulers will not be able to give you a specific surgery time, but we will do our best to accommodate requests when possible. The hospital will notify you of your arrival and surgical time the day before your surgery; we do not have this information sooner than the hospital.
- After you have received your surgical date, Beaumont Health System anaesthesiology nurses will contact you and conduct a full medical interview over the phone. This likely will take about 10-15 minutes approximately one to two weeks before your surgery date. Many orthopedic patients are pre-tested for surgery the day of the procedure unless otherwise notified.
- You will be directed to the Emmi program to familiarize yourself with anesthesia options. You can view this here.
- An admitting representative will call you to verify insurance information and update your address and phone numbers. If you have a change of information, it is very important to notify our office. Our surgery schedulers will contact your insurance company for prior authorization for your hospital admission (if needed).
- Do not take any aspirin, ibuprofen, or other anti-inflammatory products at least ten days prior to your surgery unless you have discussed this with Dr. Rohde. Please refer to the list of medications to discontinue. Patients taking Coumadin, Plavix, Ticlid, or other blood thinners should contact their internist or other prescribing physician to make a plan for discontinuation prior to surgery.
- If you take your MRI, CT, XRs, or other studies from our office, please notify us and be sure to bring them back to the office or to Dr. Rohde when you arrive for surgery.
- If you require a medical clearance (bright yellow form called "Preoperative Evaluation"), that form MUST be completed by your physician and faxed back to our office no later than one week prior to your surgery date. Please call our surgical schedulers to confirm that we have received this several days prior to your surgical date.
- Beaumont Health System offers apartment rentals for out-of-town patients and their family members. To book these apartments or to get discounts for area hotels, please call Tianna McCoy at Beaumont Guest Services, (248) 898-2285.
- Patient representatives are available to assist you with questions regarding your hospital stay at (248) 898-3558.